Wednesday, February 19, 2020

5320 - Capstone - Discussion 3 - DLL Journey Part B

The main part of my innovation plan that worked was getting the students on board.  I
had a great group of sweet, well-mannered, good-hearted students in the PM class who
loved to be helpful and wanted to help me succeed last school year.  Their willingness to
learn something new, try new things, and desire to be adventurous was inspiring.


I think if we only had one pre-k class, it would be better.  Next year the district is going
to full day pre-k and this might help eliminate some obstacles and allow more time for
this.  Although, I am not certain what restrictions and requirements the district is going to
add to our schedule.


I have learned that change will work, it just takes time.  I have also learned that ideas are
great, but putting them into play is very difficult.  When it isn’t something the whole district
or the whole grade level is doing, there really isn’t time to add anything extra due to our tight
schedule, state requirements, and district requirements.  When doing a small thing that might
only take a few minutes can usually be added to the day, but trying to involve something that
takes lots of time and many months to complete, it is very difficult.


I am looking to change as needed.  This isn’t something that is “written in stone” so to speak.  I
am willing to make the necessary adjustments to make the changes that are for the better of
the students.  I had this great idea of using the Google Drive and making a Google Site, because
students have to do this in third grade as part of their technology state requirements.  If they had
something already built in the lower grades, it would be a good foundation for them when they
started their projects in third grade. Now I realize that we needed more time to implement this
type of thing and I would need the entire district on board to do this.  Making some changes
and adjustments to the plan was needed so the students could start collecting and showcasing
their learning in a different way. I do not think it is necessary to abandon the past. I think
that some changes could be made to the innovation plan and it can continue to be tweaked to
fit the needs of the students.  

When this is all done, I plan to take a very long nap.  I look forward to spring break in a few
weeks and really taking a break.  I wish all of my classmates lots of luck with their next
adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summary with Book Creator

I decided to add one more thing to my website and to this blog.  I used Book Creator to make a summary of my DLL journey. Click below t...