Wednesday, February 5, 2020

5320 - Capstone - Discussion 2 - Innovation Project

As for my innovation project, I am still at the beginning, per say.  There have been so many
changes that have happened, that it has been hard to incorporate this process.  We have
had to move students around to different classes and teachers due to the large enrollment
numbers that it has been hard to be consistent with their projects.  


We did make some adjustments this school year due to the large enrollment and all the
movement.  We started using Seesaw for their ePortfolios, rather than making a Google
Site and using their district logins to the Google Drive.  It has been very convenient for
my teaching assistant to help post their assignments and projects to their personal ePortfolio
with the parents.  They have enjoyed seeing their work and what they are doing in class.


I think if we only had one pre-k class, it would be better.  Next year the district is going
to full day pre-k and this might help eliminate some obstacles and allow more time for
this.  Although, I am not certain what restrictions and requirements the district is going
to add to our schedule.


We did really good last school year once we were in a consistent rhythm and those kids
were really on board with the project.  They enjoyed getting to do something special
and “helping” with the project. They were very proud of their work and enjoyed being a
part of the group that helped me with my homework.


Basically, I have learned that ideas are great, but putting them into play is very difficult. 
When it isn’t something the whole district or the whole grade level is doing, there really
isn’t time to add anything extra due to our tight schedule, state requirements, and district
requirements.  When doing a small thing that might only take a few minutes can usually
be added to the day, but trying to involve something that takes lots of time and many
months to complete, it is very difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summary with Book Creator

I decided to add one more thing to my website and to this blog.  I used Book Creator to make a summary of my DLL journey. Click below t...