Thursday, December 6, 2018

APA Format for Reference Page - Hanging Indent

I am sitting here working on this dreadful Literature Review for my third class at Lamar.  (This is three out of 12.  At least when this one is done I will be a fourth of the way done!)

I am "less than happy" at the moment.  This is too much work for one 5 week class.  We are having to not only write long posts on the discussion board and type up responses, we have a bunch of assignments.  Each one of these assignments should have been a different class if they really wanted quality work.

We are having to do a proposal letter, a literature review with 3 subtitles and 10-12 resources, an implementation outline, (as if this was really going to happen), a video, yes..... I said video, and a final blog post to summarize.  TOO MUCH to say the least!  There is no way this class was designed for "working adults".

I am glad to know that everyone that I have talked to in the class is very unhappy, overwhelmed, and stressed as well.  Look out survey, you are going to get an ear full this time from a lot of people!

Okay - back to my point.  I finally figured out how to make the references the right way and thought I should write it down so I would remember if I need to know again later.

Put your mouse cursor next to the resource you need to format or highlight all of them at the same time, if you have more than one.

THEN........

You click on FORMAT at the top.
Then click on "Align and indent".
Then click on "indentation options".



THEN.....
under "Special" it will probably say "none", so change it to "Hanging".  



Then your References will be in the APA Format with the second (and all other lines) indented. 

YOUR WELCOME!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summary with Book Creator

I decided to add one more thing to my website and to this blog.  I used Book Creator to make a summary of my DLL journey. Click below t...