Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Week 5 of My Class

This is week number five of my second class in the Digital Learning and Leading program at Lamar.  We have been given the opportunity to work on our ePortfolios and provide helpful hints to our fellow classmates.

This week we had to share our ePortfolios with the other students in our class, not just our group.  That was a little scary because I wasn't sure that I wanted everyone to see mine.  I wasn't so comfortable having so many people see it at this point.  I like having people check it to make sure the links work etc, but having them read everything was a challenge I had to overcome at this point.

I plan to keep up with my ePortfolio and use it in the future.  I will add, change, rearrange, edit, or delete things as needed in the future.  I want to keep it going and let it be a complete collection of my work while in the program at Lamar.  I will put it on my resume to show prospective employers my work, thoughts, and ideas.

The professor also let us turn our link in early so that she could send us some recommendations before grading it.  I really like hearing from her and getting a list of ways to make an improvement.  I was using my Growth Mindset at this point.

I think having a Growth Mindset is very important in school and in life.  You have to have a positive outlook on every situation or you will cause yourself unnecessary stress.  Life is stressful enough just facing every day challenges, you "don't need to borrow trouble" as my grandma used to say.



I looked forward to hearing what my professor had to say about my ePortfolio.  I wanted to know if I was on the right track and was glad she was willing to share her opinion on it.  She was so gracious to send detailed remarks about ways to improve it.

Immediately I started working on those changes and look forward to getting a grade on it.  I have worked countless hours on it.  It has been fun doing it and I hope we have time during the end of the program to tweak it again.

Reference:
“I Have a Growth Mindset.” Pinterest, Retrieved from https://www.pinterest.com/pin/375206212688759770/

Here is the link to my ePortfolio.
Angel Herring, Future M.Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summary with Book Creator

I decided to add one more thing to my website and to this blog.  I used Book Creator to make a summary of my DLL journey. Click below t...