Saturday, October 13, 2018

New Class 5303 - Week 1

This week was week one of the second course in the DLL program at Lamar.  I am excited to
begin a new class because this means I am one step closer to reaching my goal.

The ePortfolio needs to grow and change as we learn more and progress in the different
classes. It needs to be user friendly, stay up to date with the latest information, and
change with the times.  If there are links on the site, they need to be checked to make
sure they are still working links and are active. It seems like we can use this course to
“tweak” our ePortfolio and put some “sparkle” to it.  (I say it like that because I am a
pre-k teacher and we love glitter. Glitter makes us happy.)

These ePortfolios are ours.  They showcase our work, thoughts, philosophy, and
accomplishments. They are proof of what we know and can do in the education field.  
We need to make them reflect who we are and what we are learning. They will help us
grow as a person and an educator. We can share what we have learned in the way that we
want to do it.  My "go to" type of presentation is a Google Slides because it is something I
know how to make and can express my creativity using it. I prefer not to use a video
because I don’t like to see my own face.  I would rather have a presentation with interactive
links, YouTube videos, and pictures.

By having a blog on the ePortfolio you can use this for your thoughts and reflections
of what is happening with your learning.  As we take classes our learning will increase
and we can make changes to the ePortfolio. When we share our thoughts and learning,
it helps provoke thoughts in others.  We can reflect on each others learning and learn from
each other. It is natural to want to make a good grade.  We need the good grades to stay
in the program.  On the flip side, grades are not reflective of what you have learned.  Grades
will not show how much you participated and what you have accomplished.  By using an
ePortfolio it shows your learning. It will show what you have done.  By adding assignments
others can see that you were engaged in the course work.



Harapnuik, D. (n.d.) Who Owns the E-portfolio?
Retrieved from http://www.harapnuik.org/?page_id=6050

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summary with Book Creator

I decided to add one more thing to my website and to this blog.  I used Book Creator to make a summary of my DLL journey. Click below t...