Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Discussion Week 4

It was great to see samples of other people’s work.  I enjoyed seeing how many
things they have on there and look forward to future classes and learning more in
this program.  I like seeing where we are headed and how much we will grown our
own portfolios. I had to view them again a second time to learn from them.  The
first time I was busy looking at all the options, admiring their work, and was absorbed
in designs and ideas.

The point of the ePortolio is to share you own work in your own way.  Everyone
can have the same thing, but it all be different.


We have a “CHOICE” in how we showcase our work, yet we have the same
title/assignment.  We do it, present it, share it in a different way.


It is like teaching the same grade level as the teachers on your team.  You
are all teaching the same thing, but in your own way. It’s is kinda like fast
food hamburger places.  Everyone is selling hamburgers, but everyone
has the own way of doing it.


We “OWN” our own site.  I made my in Google because I love all things
Google.  (I am Google Certified Level 1 and plan to do Level 2 soon.)  I wanted
my site to be in Google so that I can use my drive to save all my work, in a
folder, to put everything in one place.  I like being able to link my assignments
right from my Google Drive. This way when I make changes it automatically
saves it. By linking the document it will present the most-up-to-date information
and it will always be current as soon as I make the adjustment or tweak the
assignment.  This makes my work very “AUTHENTIC”.


We have “VOICE” our own thoughts and we all have a different opinion.  We all
discussing the same thing, but we all have our own take on the situation.
Looking at other people’s work gives you an insight to who they are, what they
think, and how they feel on a certain subject.


It was great to see samples of other people’s work.  I enjoyed seeing how many
things they have on there and look forward to future classes and learning more in
this program.  I like seeing where we are headed and how much we will grown our
own portfolios. I had to view them again a second time to learn from them.  The
first time I was busy looking at all the options, admiring their work, and was absorbed
in designs and ideas.


I don’t want to copy what someone else did, because that wouldn't be my work, my
experiences, or my thoughts..  I want to do my own work, but looking at other people’s
complete portfolios helps inspire me to be creative and helps stir up my thought process.


By viewing others we learn from each other.  It is like working with your team at work.
You share your ideas, tell how you teach something, and use each others ideas.  This
is why I follow other teachers on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc. I love seeing
what others are doing in their classroom and then incorporating their ideas in my
class.  I “borrow” their ideas and make them my own. They aren’t going to be exactly
like what they did, but it will be similar. We did the same thing, but we did it differently.


An example to learning from one another in my day-to-day life, would be in regards to
a teacher that I follow is Mary from “Sharing Kindergarten”.  She share a free file
called “Dem Bones”. It is using White Cheetos that look like a skeleton. It has a
head, arms/legs, and feet/hands. She has several pages in her file, but I only plan
to use a couple of them.  We did the same lesson in a different way.

I hope that we have another class later on to work on this again in order to add,
changed, and redo things later toward the end of the program. I think this class is a
little too soon to make changes and make the as well-rounded as the samples since
we don’t have much to add right now since the last class just ended.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Summary with Book Creator

I decided to add one more thing to my website and to this blog.  I used Book Creator to make a summary of my DLL journey. Click below t...